Take this opportunity to learn about this hidden source of gems, their history, lore, and properties. A Smithsonian quality collection of gems, and our one-of-a-kind custom-made pieces are shown in this book - many of which are available for sale.
GEMSTONES OF AFGHANISTAN is the first
comprehensive, fully-documented book on the geology, history, and lore of the gems
and minerals of this war-ravaged crossroads between the Near East and the Far East.
GEMSTONES OF AFGHANISTAN features stunning color photographs, original
maps, and geographic coordinates of significant mines. The authors have
compiled a wide-ranging and thorough set of references that, like the book,
will prove invaluable to jewelers, gem buyers, geologists, historians, and
those who seek to make a careful assessment of the riches Afghanistan has to
GEMSTONES OF AFGHANISTAN is the first complete reference on gemstones of Afghanistan - the results of 23 years of researching over 6,500 years of history.
- Hardcover, glossy 81/2" x 11", 244-page collection edition
- 110 photographs, maps and figures, including 52 in color
- History of geology and gem mining in Afghanistan, describing mining methods and production
- Detailed topographical and geological maps pinpoint gem and mineral deposits
- Over 1,400 gem and mineral locations by coordinates
- 2,000 years of geological, geographical and gemological exploration
- Over 500 references and suggested readings
- Color photographs of new cutting styles, carved gems and new jewelry designs